The Radiologic Technologist Training Program at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology offers students the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career in the radiologic field. The program’s two-year curriculum has been carefully designed to provide foundational education and training while adhering to the guidelines of leading certifying entities, including the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
The program covers a wide range of subject matter, including:
- English and speech fundamentals
- Health science
- Medical terminology
- Radiologic science
- Image production
- Radiographic physics
The wide range of subjects covered within the curriculum provides students with the breadth of knowledge needed to enjoy successful and rewarding careers in radiology.
Enjoy the Benefits of Learning at Cambridge College
Students in the Radiologic Technologist Training Program enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Hands-on training: One of the best ways to learn a new skill or technology is to do it first-hand. Our technology labs house the industry current radiologic equipment, giving students hands-on access to the machines and technology they’ll actually use in their careers. Hands-on training helps to streamline the transition from education to the workforce and prepares students for immediate success in their careers.
- Exam preparation: Many healthcare students dread the thought of taking certification exams, especially when those exams directly impact their future careers. The Radiologic Technologist Training Program provides students with the knowledge and support needed to take these exams with confidence. Practice exams, one-on-one assistance and study groups are all available to help students prepare for certification exams.
- Real-world experience: The program’s curriculum includes mandatory externship courses. These externships, hosted at many of the Atlanta area’s leading medical facilities, expose students to the radiology field and provide real-world learning opportunities. Externships are also invaluable for networking and may even lead to future career opportunities.
- Online classes: Specific courses within the program are offered online, giving students a break from classroom instruction and adding flexibility to the coursework. This flexibility is invaluable to students juggling careers, family responsibilities and active personal lives.
|Course Code||Course Description||Credits|
|ENC 1101||English Composition||3|
|SPC 1016||Fundamentals of Speech||3|
|BSC 1085||Anatomy & Physiology||3|
|BSC 1085 L||Anatomy & Physiology I Lab||1|
|BSC 1086||Anatomy & Physiology II||3|
|BSC 1086L||Anatomy & Physiology II Lab||1|
|HSC 1000||Introduction to Health Science||3|
|MAC 1105||College Algebra||3|
|MEA 1239||Medical Terminology||2|
|CTS 1050||Introduction to Computers||3|
|PSY 1012||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|RTE 1201||Introduction to Radiologic Sciences||3|
|RTE 1025||Principles of Image Production I||2|
|RTE 1026||Principles of Image Production II||2|
|RTE 2025||Cross Sectional Anatomy/Advanced Modalities||3|
|RTE 1030||Radiographic Physics||4|
|RTE 1270A||Clinical Externship I A||5|
|RTE 1280A||Clinical Externship II A||5|
|RTE 2005A||Clinical Externship III A||8|
|RTE 2010A||Clinical Externship IV A||8|
|RTE 2020A||Clinical Externship V A||8|
|RTE 1206||Radiographic Procedures V||2|
|RTE 1206L||Radiographic Procedures Lab V||1|
|RTE 1202||Radiographic ProceduresI||3|
|RTE 1202L||Radiographic Procedures Lab I||1|
|RTE 1203||Radiographic Procedures II||3|
|RTE 1203L||Radiographic Procedures Lab II||1|
|RTE 1205||Radiographic Procedures IV||2|
|RTE 1205L||Radiographic Procedures Lab IV||1|
|RTE 1204||Radiographic Procedures III||2|
|RTE 1204L||Radiographic Procedures Lab III||1|
|RTE 2500||Senior Registry Review||3|
|RTE 2015||Radiographic Biology & Protection||3|
Apply for the Radiologic Technologist Program in Atlanta
The Radiologic Technologist Training Program can help you obtain the knowledge and skills you need to achieve your dream of working in the radiology field. To apply to the program or learn more about careers in the radiology field, contact an advisor today.