Our Pharmacy Technician program helps prepare students in Orlando for a successful career. Each class is led by qualified and experienced instructors and our curriculum has been carefully designed to meet all career requirements.
The Pharmacy Technician program takes approximately 36 weeks to complete. This means you’re eligible to start your new career in under a year. After successful completion of the program, you’ll be prepared to take and pass the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination (CPHT) offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
During your time here with us, you’ll take classes involving a wide range of subject matter, including:
- Pharmacy Math
- Duties of a Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Skills Lab
- Customer Service
- Computer Applications for the Pharmacy Technician
- Health Fundamentals
- Inventory Provisions
Explore the Many Benefits of Our Orlando Pharmacy Technician Program
Students who take advantage of our Orlando Pharmacy Technician program experience many benefits such as:
- Clinical externships: At Cambridge, we partner with local pharmacies and healthcare organizations to offer our clinical externships. You’ll get to work hands-on in various facilities to supplement your in-class learning.
- Supportive faculty and staff: Our faculty and staff are here to support you throughout your program. Whether you need help studying or finding a new job after program completion, we’re here to help.
- Focused curriculum: The Pharmacy Technician program focuses on teaching you the knowledge you need to perform your daily duties, including medication preparation and how to refill prescriptions.
- Access to training labs: Our Altamonte Springs/Orlando campus houses an industry-current training lab. Here, you’ll find and receive training on the same equipment you’ll use daily in the field.
- Certification exam preparation: One of the most important exams you’ll take is your certification exam to become a licensed pharmacy technician. Our staff is here to support you through study assistance and prep.
- Career Services: Our Career Services department helps students find new job opportunities in local pharmacies throughout Orlando. We can also help you improve your interviewing skills and build a solid resumé to sell your abilities.
The Pharmacy Technician program’s course schedule includes:
|PHT100||Introduction to Health Fundamentals|
|PHT105||Anatomy & Physiology and Terminology|
|PHT130||Duties of a Pharmacy Technician|
|PHT135||Pharmacy Customer Service|
|PHT140||Pharmacy Skills Lab|
|PHT145||Computer Applications for the Pharmacy Technician|
Learn More About Our Pharmacy Technician Program Today
As a pharmacy technician, you’ll get to be a critical part of helping patients return to health. Get started here with us. To learn more about our Orlando Pharmacy Technician program or for answers to your questions, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.