Not all healthcare careers involve direct patient care. Many non-direct options are just as critical for a patient’s health. Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Palm Beach offers a Pharmacy Technician program for students interested in a pharmacy career.
The Pharmacy Technician program takes less than a year, 36 weeks, to complete. During the program, students learn everything about pharmacology they need to know for a successful career. Some of the subject matter you can expect will include:
- Inventory provisions
- Pharmacy technician duties
- Pharmacy customer service
- Anatomy and physiology
- Pharmacy skills
Each class you’ll take throughout your program is approved by leading healthcare accrediting and certification organizations. Plus, these courses deliver the knowledge you need for career success. After program completion, you’ll be prepared to take and pass the required National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPHT) exam through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board.
Why Should You Choose Cambridge in Palm Beach?
Palm Beach students in the Pharmacy Technician program have access to many unique benefits such as:
- Local pharmacy externships: We partner with local pharmacies and healthcare facilities to offer clinical externships. Through an externship, you’ll build the real-world foundation you need to be successful in your pharmacy career.
- Supportive staff and faculty: Our staff and faculty are committed to your success. Our experienced instructors will share industry insights you wouldn’t receive otherwise. Plus, the Cambridge staff is always available to answer your questions, help you prep for job interviews and more.
- Study assistance and exam prep: During your program, your instructors will help you prepare for the necessary examinations to ensure you succeed. Understanding the subject matter is complex, we also offer study assistance to help you grasp all necessary concepts.
- Hands-on training: When it comes to a successful pharmacy technician career, experience makes all the difference. During your program, you’ll receive hands-on training using the same equipment you’ll use in the field.
Once you complete your program, we also offer job placement services. We’ll help you find and apply for various pharmacy positions throughout the Palm Beach area and beyond.
The program’s course schedule includes:
|PHT100||Introduction to Health Fundamentals|
|PHT105||Anatomy & Physiology and Terminology|
|PHT130||Duties of a Pharmacy Technician|
|PHT135||Pharmacy Customer Service|
|PHT140||Pharmacy Skills Lab|
|PHT145||Computer Applications for the Pharmacy Technician|
Jumpstart Your Pharmacy Career. Call Cambridge Today.
Are you ready to start your pharmacy technician career? We’re ready to help you through our Pharmacy Technician program. To learn more about the program or to speak with an advisor today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message. We can’t wait to see you succeed.