Pharmacy technicians spend their days preparing medications, filling orders and supporting patients. Are you ready to enter the pharmacy field as a technician? To get you started, Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Miami offers a Pharmacy Technician program.
The 36-week program takes less than a year to complete from start to finish. During the program, you’ll learn the foundational subject matter you need for success:
- Pharmacy math
- Pharmacy technician duties
- Health fundamentals
- Inventory provisions
- Pharmacy customer service
- Pharmacy skills
All of these courses are taught by experienced faculty. Plus, the courses were designed to prepare students for a pharmacy career. Upon successful completion of the Pharmacy Technician program, students will be able to take and pass the National Pharmacy Technician Certification exam (CPHT) administer by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
Explore the Many Benefits of Our Miami Pharmacy Technician Program
When it comes to deciding where to attend college, you have an endless array of choices in Miami. Students often choose Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology because of the many benefits.
- Clinical externship programs: Not only will you learn through classroom instruction, but you’ll also gain hands-on experience through clinical externships inside local pharmacies.
- Study assistance and exam prep: We know that some of the pharmacy subject matter can be challenging. To help you succeed, our staff and faculty offer study assistance and exam prep to support you.
- Job placement services: After you complete your program, we offer job placement services to help you find positions open in area facilities. We’ll also help you develop your resume and give you interview tips for success.
- Real-world, hands-on training: Real-world training is critical for a successful career. At Cambridge, you’ll go beyond the textbook and learn how to prepare prescriptions, how to dispense medication and more.
- Industry Current technology: You’ll learn pharmacy basics using the same technology you’ll use throughout your career. Our training lab includes many of the latest healthcare devices and equipment, ensuring you’re ready to enter the industry after graduation.
At Cambridge, we’re dedicated to your success. We’ll do what it takes to help you succeed during your program and future career.
The program’s course schedule includes:
|PHT100||Introduction to Health Fundamentals|
|PHT105||Anatomy & Physiology and Terminology|
|PHT130||Duties of a Pharmacy Technician|
|PHT135||Pharmacy Customer Service|
|PHT140||Pharmacy Skills Lab|
|PHT145||Computer Applications for the Pharmacy Technician|
Ready to Jumpstart Your Career? Call Cambridge Today to Apply.
The Pharmacy Technician program offered through Cambridge in Miami will help you reach your pharmacy career goals. To learn more about the program or to speak with an advisor today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a quick message.