Pharmacy technicians are in high demand across the country and within Atlanta. Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology offers an in-depth Pharmacy Technician program for students throughout Atlanta. The program provides all the knowledge and training necessary for employment in the field of pharmacy.
The 36-week program can be completed in under a year and includes clinical rotations at area pharmacies and healthcare facilities. During the program, students will learn a wide range of subject matter, including:
- Health fundamentals
- Pharmacy skills
- Pharmacy customer service
- Inventory provisions
- Pharmacy technician duties
Each course has been carefully chosen and developed to ensure students have the insights necessary for career success. At the end of the Pharmacy Technician program, students are eligible to take the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination (CPHT) administered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
Learn More About the Benefits of Our Pharmacy Technician Program
Why should you attend Cambridge in Atlanta for your pharmacy tech program? We offer a wide range of benefits to support your educational career.
- Clinical externships: Throughout your program, you’ll have the opportunity to gain real-world knowledge through clinical externship programs at local pharmacies and healthcare facilities. This real-world knowledge will be invaluable in your search for a pharmacy career.
- Hands-on training: Beyond clinical externships, we also offer hands-on training. You’ll learn pharmacy basics using the same equipment you’ll use on the job. Plus, our instructors are experienced in the pharmacy industry, giving you insights you wouldn’t receive elsewhere.
- Exam prep and study assistance: At Cambridge, we’re dedicated to your success. That’s why we offer exam prep and study assistance to ensure you take the required certification exams with confidence.
- Mentorship and guidance: Our faculty is here to support you in any way possible. Whether you need some encouragement or help in creating your resume, we’re here to help.
- Job placement: We offer job placement services to help you find the perfect career after completion of your program. We partner with local healthcare facilities such as hospitals, clinics and pharmacies who are always looking for new talent.
This program’s course schedule includes:
|PHT100||Introduction to Health Fundamentals|
|PHT105||Anatomy & Physiology and Terminology|
|PHT130||Duties of a Pharmacy Technician|
|PHT135||Pharmacy Customer Service|
|PHT140||Pharmacy Skills Lab|
|PHT145||Computer Applications for the Pharmacy Technician|
Reach Out to a Cambridge Advisor Today to Learn More
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Atlanta is a great place to start your pharmacy technician career. To learn more about our program, for answers to your questions or to apply today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.