The Patient Care Technician program at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Orlando prepares students for rewarding careers in the patient care field. After successful completion of this in-depth 36-week program, students will receive their Patient Care Technician Diploma and be eligible to sit for the Certified Nursing Assistant Exam (CNA).
Our Patient Care Technician program covers many unique subjects that are critical to your success in patient care. These topics include:
- Home health
- Healthcare and body systems
- Patient care
- Nursing Assistant
Each course inside this program has been carefully designed to help you gain the knowledge you require for success, without distraction.
In 36 weeks, you’ll learn how to assist nurses and other healthcare professionals in patient care. This means you’ll learn to care for patients of all ages, from young children to adults. You’ll discover how to perform venipunctures, electrocardiograms and more. Plus, you’ll understand the importance of patient vitals and how to record them inside medical records.
Students learn on-campus as well as through clinical externships in nearby healthcare facilities such as clinics and hospitals. After completion of your program, you’ll be eligible to take the Certified Patient Care Technician exam offered through the NHA.
Prepare for a Successful Patient Care Technician Career With Cambridge in Orlando
Our Patient Care Technician curriculum will prepare you for a lasting career in patient care. Our students choose us for our many benefits, including:
- Clinical externships: Our students learn using hands-on instruction via clinical externships at local healthcare facilities. Hands-on experience gives you an edge when seeking employment in this competitive field.
- Experienced instructors: Each of our dedicated instructors has a background in the healthcare field. The knowledge shared by your course instructors will provide deeper insight into your studies.
- Access to industry current technology: We offer students access to the newest medical technology available on the market. This means you’ll learn using the same technology you’ll use in the field.
- Flexible learning environment: Some of the courses in your program are available online, so you can have the life/school balance you need to be successful.
Ready to Start Your Career as a Patient Care Tech?
The medical field is constantly growing. Patient care technicians are needed now more than ever. Take advantage of this growth with a certification from Cambridge.
Are you ready to start your career as a patient care technician? To learn more about our Patient Care Technician program, call us today at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.