The Ophthalmic Technician program at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology offers students the knowledge, training and skills needed to function as a key member of a healthcare delivery team. The diploma-level program blends classroom learning with hands-on training to prepare Palm Beach area students for entry-level careers in the ophthalmic technician field. Upon successful completion of the program, students are ready to plan, deliver and manage patient care in the ophthalmic technician role.
The program’s curriculum covers a wide range of foundational subjects and topics, including:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Pathology and microbiology
- Medical terminology
- Health science
- Administrative procedures
- Clinical procedures
- Ocular imaging and pharmacology
Each course in the Ophthalmic Technician program is designed to help students obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to pass required certification examinations and pursue successful careers in the field.
Building the Foundation for the Future
In just 38 weeks, students in the Ophthalmic Technician program in Palm Beach are offered a range of career-building benefits, including:
- Classroom instruction: Courses in the Ophthalmic Technician diploma program are taught by highly experienced instructors. During classroom lectures, students are offered real-world insight into the subject matter and the profession.
- Hands-on training: One of the best ways to learn any craft is through hands-on training. The Ophthalmic Technician program offers students the chance to learn and gain hands-on experience during lab work and externship.
- Vital knowledge: In any healthcare field, a broad and comprehensive knowledge base is critical. The program covers a wide range of subject matter in great detail, allowing students to gain the knowledge needed to flourish in the field.
- Exam preparation: Students must take and pass the ophthalmic technician certification examination before qualifying for employment. The program helps students prepare for these examinations through knowledge transfer, practice tests and personalized instructor support.
The program’s course schedule includes:
|Course Code||Course Name||Hours|
|OPT100||Ocular Anatomy & Physiology||60 clock hours|
|OPT105||Ocular Pathology & Microbiology||60 clock hours|
|OPT110||Medical Terminology||60 clock hours|
|OPT115||Introduction to Health Science||60 clock hours|
|OPT120||Administrative Procedures & Protocol||120 clock hours|
|OPT125||Clinical Procedures & Protocol||240 clock hours|
|OPT130||Ocular Imaging & Pharmacology||150 clock hours|
|OPT200||Externship||150 clock hours|
Apply for the Ophthalmic Technician Program in Palm Beach
The start of your journey towards a rewarding ophthalmic technician career is just a few clicks or a phone call away. To apply to the program, or learn more about the ophthalmic technician career, contact an advisor today.