To be successful as an occupational therapy assistant, you need the proper foundation. Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology’s Occupational Therapy Assistant program gives students the training and education they need for career success.
Our Occupational Therapy Assistant program takes approximately two years to complete from start to finish. The program includes all of the relevant and foundational subject matter students need to become successful occupational therapy assistants.
Some of the subject matter includes:
- Occupational therapy basics
- Anatomy and physiology
- Administrative procedures
- Occupational therapy in pediatrics
- Medical terminology
- Health science
Over the course of this 2-year program, students will learn how to teach patients with disabilities how to function independently in their homes and communities. Students will also learn how to help patients regain skills lost due to injury and record patients’ progress.
At Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology, we’ve constructed our curriculum to meet all necessary standards set forth by licensing and certification organizations such as the NBCOT. Students who successfully complete the program will have the knowledge necessary to pass the NBCOT exam, gaining the ability to seek entry-level employment.
Experience Cambridge’s Many Benefits
Students enrolled in the Associate of Science program for Occupational Therapy Assistant at our Atlanta campus experience many unique benefits such as:
- Classroom and distance learning: Students can take foundational courses both in the classroom and online via our distance learning platform. Plus, we offer smaller class sizes and focused courses to offer the optimal learning environment for each student.
- Hands-on training through clinical externship: Students receive the hands-on training they need both on campus and through a clinical externship. We use only the latest technology that students will continue to use throughout their career.
- Mentorship from experienced faculty and staff: Each of our faculty and staff members aims to help students through their program, acting as mentors. From exam prep assistance to job placement services, we support students from enrollment to career success.
79 Semester Credits 1770 clock Hours (6 Semesters)
|Number||Course Title||Semester Credits||Clock Hours|
|BCS 1085||Anatomy & Physiology I||3||45|
|BCS 1085L||Anatomy & Physiology I Lab||1||30|
|BCS 1086||Anatomy & Physiology II||3||45|
|BCS1086L||Anatomy & Physiology II Lab||1||30|
|ENC 1101||English Composition||3||45|
|HSC 1000||Introduction to Health Science||3||45|
|MAC 1105||College Algebra||3||45|
|MEA 1239||Medical Terminology||2||30|
|PSY 1012||Introduction to Psychology||3||45|
|SPC 1016||Fundamentals of Speech||3||45|
|Total General Ed||25||405|
|OTA 102||Introduction to Occupational Therapy||3||45|
|OTA 130||Occupational Analysis||2||30|
|OTA 108||Growth & Development||3||45|
|OTA 115||Principles of OT in Mental Health||3||60|
|OTA 110||Fundamentals of Occupational Therapy||2||30|
|OTA 206||Human Occupations I||4||75|
|OTA 215||Principles of OT in Physical Health||4||60|
|OTA 220||Clinical I||2||90|
|OTA 209||Human Occupations II||3||60|
|OTA 230||Administrative Procedures||2||30|
|OTA 245||Pediatric Practice for the OTA||4||75|
|OTA 250||Specific Populations for the OTA||3||50|
|OTA 226||Seminar Strategies||2||30|
|OTA 221||Clinical II||7||320|
|OTA 222||Clinical III||7||320|
Call Us to Learn More About Our Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
Are you ready to take the next step in your career by becoming an occupational therapy assistant? Call Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology today at 877-206-4279 to get started.