The Nursing Assistant program at Cambridge Institute of Allied Health’s Orlando-area campus is designed to provide career training for entry-level nursing assistant careers. Upon successful completion of the 6-week program and passing the Florida Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Examination, students are eligible to pursue entry-level employment in hospitals, long-term care facilities and a number of other healthcare settings.
The program curriculum covers a wide range of key topics, including:
- Healthcare basics
- Capturing and recording patient vital signs
- Medication administration
- General patient care
- Nursing externship
Upon successful completion of the program, students are prepared to act as a crucial part of a larger patient care team including physicians, registered nurses and other qualified professionals.
Why Choose Cambridge’s Orlando Nursing Assistant Program?
Students in the Orlando area have many options when choosing a nursing assistant program. Many choose Cambridge because of the wide range of benefits our program offers, including:
- Experienced instructors: Courses in the nursing assistant program are led by instructors with years of experience in the healthcare and nursing fields. This experience allows our instructors to help students relate subject-matter expertise to real-world situations and provide useful career advice.
- Hands-on training: The program’s required externships allow students to learn critical skills while working in many of the leading medical facilities in the Orlando area. During the externship portion of the program, students will work closely with experienced care teams and learn from individuals already employed in the nursing field. The experience and relationships gained during the externship are invaluable to successful nursing assistant careers.
- Exam prep: To be eligible for employment as a nursing assistant, students must pass the Florida Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Examination. Throughout the program, special attention is paid to prepare students for this critical examination – practice exams, prep study groups and one-on-one support all offer valuable preparation for the test.
|Required Courses||Clock Hours|
|NA101 Nursing Assistant||80|
|NA102 Nursing Assistant Externship (prerequisite-NA101)||40|
Get Started on the Path Towards a Rewarding Nursing Career Today
If you have dreams of working in the nursing field, you’ll need training and education. The Nursing Assistant program at Cambridge offers just that, all in under two months. To learn more about the program or the nursing assistant career, contact an advisor today.