Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology is proud to offer an Associate of Science in Medical Laboratory Technician for students living in or around Atlanta. Our beautiful Atlanta campus has a lot to offer students as they venture through their in-depth and hands-on medical laboratory training.
The Medical Lab Technician program covers a wide range of topics related to the field, including:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Medical terminology
- Health science
- Microbiology, urinalysis and more
Our curriculum meets the requirements for entry-level work as a medical lab technician. You’ll learn how to assist medical professionals with performing tests to diagnose, prevent and treat various medical conditions. No matter where you choose to work, you’ll have the know-how required to be successful in your career.
Explore Everything Our Medical Lab Technician Program Has to Offer
Why would you choose Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Atlanta for your education? Not only do we offer a flexible learning experience for a solid work/life balance, but we also use an educational approach that includes:
- A comfortable learning environment: Our class sizes are small, and our instructors and staff are supportive of your goals. Our spacious Atlanta campus is a comfortable place for you to focus on your education with state-of-the-art technology to support your studies.
- Experienced instructors: Each of our instructors brings years of industry experience to the table ensuring you receive the support and education required for success. Plus, this experience gives you an advantage in your field.
- Clinical externships: We partner with local Atlanta-area medical organizations such as clinics, hospitals, long-term care facilities and more to provide you with clinical externships. Through these externships, you’ll learn medical lab technology concepts in a real-world environment.
- In-depth and hands-on courses: Each of our courses has been built to ensure you learn everything you need to know to be successful in the medical lab field.
The goal of the Medical Lab Technician program is to prepare you for entry-level employment, regardless of the organization you choose to practice in. This program’s course schedule includes:
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology I Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
- English Composition
- College Algebra
- Introduction to Psychology
- Fundamentals of Speech
- Introduction to Health Science
- Medical Terminology
- Phlebotomy/Specimen Collection
- Laboratory Orientation/Quality Assurance
- General Chemistry
- Hematology I
- Hematology II
- Clinical Chemistry
- Career Services Credential Review
- Clinical Practicum
Contact an Atlanta Admissions Advisor Today to Get Started
Are you ready to get started towards a career as a medical lab technician? In just two years, you can receive your Associate of Science in Medical Laboratory Technician degree through Cambridge. To get started today, reach out to Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology by calling 877-206-4279. We can’t wait to help you jumpstart your medical career.