As a student interested in joining the technology field, you have many career paths to choose from. One of those paths is cyber and network security, where you’ll play a critical role in helping organizations protect their data. What can you expect after finishing your Cyber & Network Security program?
Cambridge Prepares You for Various Industry Certifications
Your next step after obtaining your degree is to pursue additional industry certifications. These certifications will help you stand out from the crowd when looking for your first job. Plus, they solidify the knowledge you gained through your program.
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology prepares students for various cyber and network security industry certifications, including:
- CompTia A+ Certification
- Internet Webmaster Web Security Associate (CIW WSA)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Incident Handler (EC-Council ECIH)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker
- Cisco CyberOps
The Job Search: Landing the Perfect New Job in Cyber & Network Security
After you obtain industry certification, your next step is to find the perfect job. The cyber and network security niche is chock full of job opportunities when it comes to selecting a career path:
- IT Support Technician: As an IT support technician, you’ll help troubleshoot computer and security issues on behalf of network users in your organization.
- Cyber Analyst: Cyber analysts locate holes in security that may cause serious threats to an organization. They then plan security measures to mitigate those risks. If threats occur, they analyze them to quickly protect a company’s critical data.
- Security Operation Center Analyst: Similar to a cyber analyst, a security operation center analyst works for a third-party company supporting organizations during cyber threats.
- Penetration Tester: As a penetration tester, you plan simulated “hacks” into an organization’s system to test for security holes and vulnerabilities. This helps the company create a security plan that protects their business.
How Cambridge Can Help
We know that finding your first job after graduation can be challenging. Yet, we also know there’s an abundance of positions waiting for qualified applicants. Our Career Services department is here to support you in your search.
We offer one-on-one coaching from experienced human resource professionals. These professionals help you with everything you need from resumé building to teaching you how to present yourself during interviews. We also offer job placement services to help you find a position in local facilities.
Jumpstart Your Cyber & Network Security Career Today With Us
The opportunities are endless in the tech industry. Cambridge’s Cyber & Network Security program can help you find the perfect new position in this ever-evolving industry. To learn more about the program or to speak with an advisor today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message. We’re here to support you!