As a medical assistant, you’ll spend your time supporting medical professionals such as doctors and nurses in patient care. The medical assistant career is ripe with opportunity.
The Medical Assistant: Critical to Quality Patient Care
Medical assistants are critical to the patient care team. They perform many medical care tasks to ensure patients are well taken care of, regardless of setting. For example, you may schedule routine checkups and preventative visits to ensure the wellbeing of your patients. Or you may provide in-office care by:
- Performing injections such as immunizations
- Performing minor surgical procedures
- Taking and charting vitals such as blood pressure
- Administering medication
- Teaching patients how to care for their wounds after surgery
- Assisting doctors, nurses and other professionals with their medical duties
Where Can You Work as a Medical Assistant in Palm Beach?
Medical assistants have the opportunity to choose from many healthcare settings when deciding where to work. Virtually anywhere that requires patient care will require a medical assistant. Some of your options in Palm Beach include:
- Specialty clinics: Want to work with patients undergoing plastic surgery? Thinking working with expecting mothers might be a great choice for you? There are many specialties to choose from and plenty of clinics around that hire medical assistants.
- Hospitals:Hospitals hire medical assistants to work in every specialty. For example, you can work in surgical care, the emergency department, the intensive care unit, labor and delivery or even pediatrics.
- Laboratories:Labs hire medical assistants to help test samples and provide results to patients. They might also work with other facilities to coordinate further patient care.
- Outpatient care facilities: Facilities such as same-day clinics and outpatient surgical centers need medical assistants to provide quick and high-quality care. If you love a fast-paced environment, these facilities are sure to satisfy.
- Long-term care facilities: Nursing homes and various types of therapy centers require medical assistants for long-term patients.
To become a medical assistant, you’ll need a high school diploma or GED. You’ll then need to attend an accredited Medical Assistant program such as the one offered through Cambridge. Once complete, you’ll be eligible for entry-level employment.
Call Cambridge Today to Jumpstart Your New Career
As a medical assistant, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many. If you’re ready to get started, Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Palm Beach can help. To learn more about our Medical Assistant program or to apply today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.