When students consider a career in the medical field, they often think their only path is to become a doctor or a nurse. This isn’t the case. There are many people required in patient care teams, including medical assistants. As a medical assistant, you’ll work alongside other medical professionals to support patients of all ages, backgrounds and medical conditions.
The Training You Need to Become a Medical Assistant in Atlanta
Medical assistants perform a wide range of job duties each day. One moment you might perform a vaccination and another moment you might enter insurance information into a patient’s medical record.
To ensure your success in these duties, you’ll need to complete some critical training. For example, you’ll need to learn how to:
- Speak with doctors and other healthcare professionals about patient care
- Instruct patients on diagnoses and treatment plans
- Administer medications and injections
- Perform minor surgical procedures
- Chart vital signs inside patient medical records
- Code procedures and diagnoses for insurance billing
- Prep patients for exams and imaging procedures
- Use various types of medical equipment such as x-ray machines
- Draw blood and prepare bodily fluids for testing
To get started, you’ll need to obtain your high school diploma. Next, you’ll need to complete an accredited Medical Assistant program, such as the one offered here through Cambridge. Our program will provide you the knowledge you need to obtain RMA, CMA or NCCT certification to help solidify your knowledge in the field. Finally, you’re ready to jump into entry-level employment.
Why Choose Cambridge in Atlanta?
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Atlanta is here to support you as you venture through your studies. Many students choose Cambridge for our benefits:
- Clinical externships: Sure, you’ll learn the ins and outs of medical assisting in the classroom. You’ll also gain the hands-on experience you need through our clinical externships. We partner with various local healthcare facilities, including hospitals, clinics and surgical centers.
- Focused curriculum: Each course is focused on the topics you need for success and nothing you don’t. Plus, you’ll learn from instructors with years of experience in the field.
- Job placement: Cambridge offers job placement through our Career Services department. We help you find the perfect position in a local healthcare facility in the Atlanta area and help you improve your resuméand interview skills.
- Industry Current Technology:Cambridge’s Atlanta-area campus houses the same state-of-the-art technology you’ll use in the real world during your career.
Start Your Medical Assistant Career With Cambridge
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Atlanta helps students prepare for successful careers as medical assistants. Plus, we’re here to support you as you find the perfect position for you. To learn more about our program or to apply today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.