If you’re looking to enter the medical field, the career choices are virtually endless. Yet, many positions require two or more years of study before you can start your new career. If you’re looking to get started in under a year, a medical assistant career might be a great choice for you.
Medical Assistants Are a Critical Part of Patient Care
Medical assistants are important members of a patient’s care team. Their main responsibility is to support other medical professionals such as doctors and nurses. Each day, you’ll find yourself performing duties that include both administrative tasks and medical tasks. Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Performing injections and simple surgical procedures
- Scheduling patient appointments and procedures
- Supporting patients through treatment
- Speaking to families to ensure they understand a patient’s diagnosis or treatment
- Prepping patients for exams and procedures
- Charting vital signs
- Coding medical procedures for insurance billing
Is Medical Assisting Right for You?
Many students wonder if a medical assistant career is the right choice. After all, there are many ways to become involved in patient care. Medical assisting might be the perfect career for you if:
- You want to get started fast: Many programs, including the one offered through Cambridge, give you the ability to start your medical assistant career in under a year.
- You want a flexible schedule: Hospitals and other medical facilities have flexible hours to best serve their patients. As a result, your schedule would be flexible and include nights and weekends if desired. This means a better life/work balance for you and your family.
- You want to make a difference in the lives of many patients: You’ll work with patients of all ages and from all walks of life, making a direct impact on their lives through your care.
Cambridge’s Orlando Medical Assistant Program
Our Orlando Medical Assistant program includes 36 weeks of study that includes everything you need for success. The coursework you’ll cover will include:
- Medical assisting
- Administrative procedures
After program completion, you’ll be prepared to take and pass the RMA, CMA, and NCCT national registry and certification exams. Once certified, you’ll be eligible for entry-level employment in the field.
Ready to Get Started? Call Us Today!
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology is here to help you succeed. To learn more about our Orlando Medical Assistant program or to apply today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message. We can’t wait to help you jumpstart your medical career!