There are many healthcare facilities throughout Atlanta. Many of them are seeking qualified medical professionals to fill medical assistant roles. Could a career as a medical assistant be the right choice for you? If you’re passionate about patient care, it just might be.
What Are a Medical Assistant’s Responsibilities?
Medical assistants support other medical professionals such as doctors and nurses in patient care. To do so, they perform a wide range of administrative and medical duties each day. Some of these duties might include:
- Prepping patients for surgical procedures and exams
- Scheduling patient appointments, procedures and surgeries
- Administering medications and performing injections
- Returning patient phone calls and delivering patient messages to care providers
- Charting vital signs and updating patient medical records
- Coding procedures for insurance billing purposes
- Drawing blood for lab testing
As a medical assistant, you can choose to work in virtually any medical facility, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, clinics, doctor’s offices and therapy centers.
Why Choose a Medical Assistant Career in Atlanta?
Medical assisting is a rewarding career. Not only will you get to support experienced medical professionals, but you will also support patients struggling with medical concerns. This is a great career for students passionate about helping others. It’s also a great choice if you:
- Desire growth opportunities: Medical assisting can be a great stepping stone for future advancements. For example, you could continue to become a nurse.
- Need a flexible work schedule: Many facilities such as hospitals must remain open at all hours. This means you have the flexibility you need for a better work/life balance. For example, you could work nights to be home with your family during the day.
- Want to work hands-on with patients: Many students wish to work behind-the-scenes in patient care. If you wish to work hands-on with patients as they undergo procedures and exams, this is a perfect career choice for you.
How to Become a Medical Assistant in Atlanta
Do you have your high school diploma or GED? If so, you’re ready for an accredited Medical Assistant program such as the one offered through Cambridge. During this program, you’ll learn the subject matter you need for success and gain hands-on experience in patient care.
After you complete your program, you’ll be eligible to obtain national RMA, CMA or NCCT certification. After certification, you’ll be ready to enter the workforce as a qualified medical assistant.
Let Cambridge Help You Jumpstart Your New Career
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Atlanta offers students a comfortable learning environment and the tools required for success. To learn more about our Atlanta Medical Assistant program, call us today at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.