A CNA or certified nursing assistant supports medical professionals in patient care. They’re responsible for administering medications, recording vital signs and communicating with doctors. It’s the perfect career for students ready to enter the medical field. Plus, CNAs are in high demand across Miami.
How To Become a Certified Nursing Assistant
To become a CNA, there are a few steps you must take. First, you’ll need your high school diploma or GED. Once obtained, your next steps include:
- Attend an accredited CNA program: You’ll need to attend a CNA program such as the one offered here through Cambridge. You’ll learn the basics of patient care, how to perform basic medical procedures and how to support a medical team. The program takes approximately five weeks to complete.
- Gain hands-on experience: You’ll also need to spend some time working in a healthcare facility to solidify your new knowledge. Through our program, you’ll work in a local healthcare facility for 120 clock hours. This real-world knowledge will help prepare you for the field.
- Become certified: After successful program completion, you’ll need to take and pass the Florida Nursing Assistant certification exam. Once passed, you’ll be licensed as a CNA and prepared to enter the field.
3 Tips for Finding the Perfect CNA Career in Miami
With your degree and license in hand, it’s time to find the perfect CNA career in Miami. The good news is, there are plenty of opportunities available to you. Here’s how to find the best fit for you:
- Decide which specialty or niche you’d like to work in: Before you start applying for open positions, take some time to consider which medical niche you’d most enjoy. For example, do you want to work with the elderly? If so, a long-term care facility might be a great choice. Do you want to work with babies or children? Apply for a position within a pediatric clinic, hospital or department.
- Check online job boards: Once you’re ready to start applying, first check online job boards like Indeed, Monster and Google Jobs. Area medical facilities will post vacancies on these boards frequently. You can also check the facility’s website if you can’t find any vacancies elsewhere.
- Make use of Cambridge’s Career Services department: Cambridge offers job placement services through our Career Services department. We’ll help you find the best position for you through our partnership with local medical facilities.
Become a CNA Today With Cambridge in Miami
Certified nursing assistants are critical for quality patient care. If you’re ready to start your nursing career, we can help. For answers to your questions or to apply for our CNA program, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message today.