The medical field offers many career opportunities. Not sure becoming a doctor or a nurse is right for you? Consider a career as a physical therapy assistant (PTA). A PTA assists physical therapists in providing exercise and massage to help patients bounce back from injuries or improve the symptoms of various disabilities.
What Do Physical Therapy Assistants Do?
As a PTA, you’ll support your leading physical therapist throughout the delivery of patient care. This means you’ll work directly with patients by completing a variety of duties:
- Monitoring patients during and after therapy
- Performing massages, electrical stimulation and paraffin baths
- Assisting patients with various exercises
- Assisting physical therapists with traction and ultrasound treatment
- Training amputees on using new prosthetic devices
- Helping physical therapists create individualized treatment plans for each patient
- Visiting the homes of your patients to perform in-home therapy
You may also perform administrative duties to help support the patient care team. For example, you may schedule patient appointments or return patient phone calls. You may also speak to patient families regarding their treatment and care plans.
Where Do PTAs Work?
Physical therapy assistants work in many healthcare facilities. You’ll typically find them in hospitals or therapy-focused practices. Yet, PTAs also work in schools, rehab units and even with sports teams. PTAs work with patients of all ages, from infants to the elderly.
Prepare for a Successful PTA Career With Cambridge
A career as a PTA is a rewarding one full of advancement opportunities. To start your career, you’ll need to attend an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program such as the one offered through Cambridge. Why choose Cambridge for your degree?
- Focused curriculum: Our curriculum is focused. This means you learn everything you need for a successful career in physical therapy. We offer hands-on learning as well as experienced lectures by our expert instructors.
- Supportive staff: From your first day on campus to graduation, we’re here to support you. We provide study assistance, exam preparation, tutoring and more to help you prepare for a successful career.
- Job placement services: Want to find the perfect position in a nearby healthcare facility? We can help through our job placement services. Cambridge College partners with many local facilities that hire PTAs for their care teams.
Become a Physical Therapy Assistant With Cambridge College
If you want to enter the medical field as a physical therapy assistant, Cambridge College can help. Our Physical Therapy Assistant program provides everything you need to succeed. To learn more about the program or to apply, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message today.