Organizations create quintillions of data every day. For this data to be worth capturing and storing, businesses must be able to sift through it to gain insights. This is why many organizations are hiring data scientists and other data professionals to round out their internal teams.
To become a data professional, you’ll need to obtain a degree. But should you get your Bachelor’s degree? Let’s dive into what makes it worth it.
Why You Should Consider Getting Your Bachelor’s Degree
It’s possible to start an entry-level career with an Associate’s degree. Yet, there are additional benefits you gain by getting your Bachelor’s degree. For example, with a Bachelor’s degree you can:
- Pursue advancement opportunities: With a Bachelor’s degree and a bit of experience under your belt, you may be able to pursue management positions later in your career. Or, you might be able to specialize.
- Stand out from the applicant crowd: Applicants with Bachelor’s degrees often stand out in the applicant pool. Plus, many employers may require a Bachelor’s degree before applying.
- Earn a higher wage: Bachelor’s degree holders may earn more money each year than those with Associate’s degrees or high school diplomas. Of course, this depends on where you live and work as well as the job market in your area.
- Boost your confidence: Continuing your education can help you feel more confident in your skills and know-how which is important in any career.
Data Analytics Career Opportunities for Bachelor’s Degree Holders
Beyond the above benefits, a Bachelor’s degree in data analytics also opens the door to a wide range of career opportunities. Some of these include:
- Database Administrator: As a database administrator, you’ll wrangle and store data inside databases for your organization. You may also create new databases that are easy to use and accessible.
- Data Engineer: Data engineers find trends and insights in data on behalf of the stakeholders in an organization. By delivering these insights, business owners and other individuals can make better business decisions.
- Data Scientist: Data scientists used data to solve business problems. They wrangle and analyze data to answer questions, mitigate risks and more.
Start Your Career in Data Analytics With Cambridge
Your data analytics career is just around the corner with Cambridge. Our Data Management & Analytics program is a great step toward the career you’ve been waiting for. To learn more about our program or to get started today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.