Ready to join the growing field of IT? If so, you may be wondering if getting a degree online is a possibility for you. The good news is that you can obtain an IT degree online via remote learning. To do so, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps. Let’s jump right in.
Step #1: Understand the Benefits of Attending School Online
First, know that choosing an online IT degree program is a great choice. There are so many benefits to attending school online, including:
- Flexibility: Whether you have a family that requires your care or a part-time or full-time job, online learning allows you the flexibility you need to make it happen. You can complete your studies from anywhere at any time.
- Self-paced learning: In an online program, you can typically go as fast or as slow as you need to, within the parameters set by your instructor. When you need to review the material again, you can do so. If you’re ready to move ahead to the next concept, go for it.
- Cost savings: Online learning eliminates the need for you to commute to campus or pay for housing on campus. Online learning credit hours also typically cost less than in-person classes.
- Improved time management skills: For IT careers, time management is critical for success. It’s also important for online learning. You’ll develop these skills and discipline while taking classes online.
- New technical skills: Simply using computers and online tools during your class will help you develop new technical skills. Of course, these skills are must-haves for IT professionals.
Step #2: Decide What Type of IT Program You Want to Apply For
Next, you’ll need to decide what type of IT program you want to apply for. At Cambridge, we offer a wide range of program options to choose from, including:
- Computer Networking
- Cyber and Network Security
- Data and Project Management
- Data Management and Analytics
- Health Information Management
- Health Information Technology
You should also decide between a certificate program, an Associate’s degree program or a Bachelor’s degree program.
Now, Apply for Your Program Through Cambridge
After selecting a program to fit your career goals, it’s time to apply! Cambridge is here to support you. We can help you apply for financial aid, counsel you through the application process and ensure you have what’s necessary to begin an online degree program.
To learn more about our programs or to get started today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.