Many organizations have data and projects that need to be maintained, organized and kept on schedule. While you may think that the term “project manager” refers to one type of role, there’s actually a large tier of data and project management jobs.
If you’re thinking of entering this career field, you should know the wide range of opportunities available. From entry-level jobs focused on supporting projects to high-level administrative roles, let’s dive into some typical job title examples and their salaries.
5 Sample Data and Project Management Job Titles & Salaries
Here are some examples of data and project management job titles and their average salaries:
- IT Project Manager: IT project managers create and manage various IT projects. Some of their duties may include upgrading software, installing hardware and analyzing IT reports. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for this role in the US is $102,256 per year.
- Database Administrator: Database management systems often need an administrator to manage the database environment. Besides maintaining the database systems, they also troubleshoot issues, analyze security measures and optimize performance. The average yearly salary for this role is $84,691.
- Project Coordinator: Project coordinators support project managers with administrative tasks, such as assembling reports, planning meetings and organizing project logistics. They’re depended on to keep a project running smoothly. The average annual salary for this job is $56,522.
- Project Scheduler: Working with scheduling software, project schedulers create and maintain project schedules. They help coordinate tasks, set up assignments and keep track of deadlines. The average salary per year for this role is $79,704.
- Data Quality Specialist: Data quality specialist helps ensure that an organization’s data is well-maintained. This may involve performing regular data maintenance activities, communicating effective best practices and devising quality strategies. The average salary for this role is $74,291 per year.
What Industries Need Data & Project Managers?
Wherever there’s data and projects to complete, data and project managers are needed. As a data and project manager, you have a wide variety of industries to work in, including:
- Construction and engineering
- Product and technology development
- Finance and banking
- Insurance and accounting
- Information technology
- Marketing and advertising
- Energy and utilities
- Media and entertainment
- Management consulting
- Real estate and property management
Advance Your Career as a Data & Project Manager
Ready to enter the growing field of data and project management? At Cambridge, we offer a certificate and Associate of Science in Data and Project Management that you can do completely online. This program is designed with the busy adult in mind and provides flexible scheduling and supportive faculty to help you be successful. To learn more, call us today at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.