The Medical Assistant program offered at the Atlanta campus of Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology is designed to provide students with career-critical knowledge, training and skills. Upon successful completion of the 36-week program, students are qualified to sit for medical assistant certification examinations and seek entry-level employment within the medical assistant field.
The Medical Assistant program fulfills requirements for certification with the American Medical Technologist (Registered Medical Assistant) and the American Association of Medical Assistants (Certified Medical Assistant).
The program covers a wide range of subject matter, including:
- Health basics
- Medical assisting
- Administrative procedures
Additional skillsets, including Basic X-Ray, are also offered as part of the Medical Assistant diploma program.
Build Knowledge, Skills and Relationships to Further Your Career
The Medical Assistant program has been carefully designed to prepare students for rewarding and successful careers. To do so, the program offers:
- Focused curriculum: Each of the program’s courses provides critical knowledge while meeting the requirements of certification organizations. This helps students prepare for their careers as effectively and quickly as possible.
- Hands-on training: In conjunction with classroom instruction, hands-on training helps students gain and develop skills in real-world environments. The Medical Assistant program offers students hands-on training in our medical lab and in area medical facilities.
- Externships: Cambridge College has partnered with many of the leading medical facilities in the Atlanta area to develop a robust externship program. These externships expose students to the medical field, hone skills and help to build relationships that may lead to future career opportunities.
- Additional skillsets: The Medical Assistant program provides additional skill sets, specifically in the area of Basic X-Ray imaging. Students who complete the X-Ray component of the program may explore additional career opportunities and certifications.
The program’s coursework includes:
|Course Code||Course Description||Clock Hours|
|HC101||Heath Core and Body Systems||100|
|MA101||Medical Office Process||60|
|MA102||Financial & Insurance Office||60|
|MA103||Anatomy / Physiology / Related Diseases||80|
|MA105||Pharmacology/ Medication Administration||80|
|MA107||Medical Assisting Externship||220|
Learn More About the Medical Assistant Program Today
Choosing the right education to jumpstart your career isn’t always simple. Our advisors are here to offer the insight and information you need to better understand the benefits, coursework and schedule of the Medical Assistant program. To learn more about the program, contact an advisor today.