At Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, we are proud to continue to lay the foundation for preparing students for a rewarding career in Ultrasound. At our Delray Beach (Palm Beach County) campus, Florida, our students learn with the same technology used in hospitals, clinical sites and medical facilities. You’ll receive personalized instruction from our faculty to help prepare you for the future, no matter what specialty you decide on.
Becoming a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer is a way to get a solid foundation. As a skilled medical professional, you will use your education and training to create images of internal body structures to aid the physician to make a medical diagnosis. Get the degree you need to become a confident, skilled healthcare professional that will give you valuable real-world clinical experience as you continue your education toward an Associate Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Mission & Goals
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Mission Statement & Goals
The mission of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program is:
- To prepare competent entry-level general sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
- To prepare competent entry-level adult cardiac sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
Program goals are:
- To develop students to communicate effectively.
- To develop students to act professionally and ethically.
- To develop students to be clinically competent as entry level sonographers.
- To develop students to be knowledgeable in ultrasound physics and instrumentation.
- To develop students to be knowledgeable in General and Echocardiographic sonography.
|Course Code||Course Description|
|BCS-1085*||Anatomy & Physiology I|
|BCS-1085L||Anatomy & Physiology I Lab|
|BCS-1086*||Anatomy & Physiology II|
|BCS-1086L||Anatomy & Physiology II Lab|
|ENC 1101*||English Composition|
|HSC 1000*||Introduction to Health Sciences|
|MAC 1105*||College Algebra|
|MEA 1239*||Medical Terminology|
|PSY 1012*||Introduction to Psychology|
|SPC 1016*||Fundamentals of Speech|
|DMSA-1002||Principles of Sonographic Physics and Instrumentation|
|DMSA-2001||Principles of Abdominal Sonography I|
|DMSA-2002||Principles of Abdominal Sonography II|
|DMSA-2003||Principles of OBGYN Sonography I|
|DMSA-2004||Principles of OBGYN Sonography II|
|DMSA-2005||Introduction to Vascular Sonography|
|DMSA-2006||Echocardiographic Pathology I|
|DMSA-2007||Echocardiographic Pathology II|
|DMSA-2009||Introduction to Echocardiographic Anatomy|
|DMSA-2010||Clinical Externship I|
|DMSA-2011||Clinical Externship II|
|DMSA-2012||Clinical Externship III|
|DMSA-2013||Clinical Externship IV|
*Indicates courses taught via Distance Education
Institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)