Do you want a rewarding career that allows you to help others? Do you want to be in high demand in the healthcare field? Then it’s time to become a Licensed Practical Nurse!
So, what exactly does a Licensed Practical Nurse do?
Licensed practical nurses typically work under the supervision of Registered Nurses and physicians and their duties can vary depending on work setting, but may include:
- Monitor patient health, for example vital signs
- Administer basic nursing care, like wound dressing changes
- Provide for basic patient comfort
- Report patient status to RNs and MDs
- Keep records on patient health
- Administer medication
- Provide patient teaching
- Oversee unlicensed assistive personnel
Here at Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology, Altamonte Springs you will learn all the skills necessary to become a LPN, enhanced by exceptional education experiences both in and out of the classroom. Just a few of our program highlights include:
- Nursing laboratory patient simulators
- Nursing Faculty has over 105 combined years’ experience in the medical field
- Licensed by Means of Accreditation with the, Commission for Independent Education (FL)
- Institutionally Accredited with the, Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
- e-Learning integrated into curriculum via ATI Testing software
- No deadlines for applications, apply all year long!
- Convenient day and night classes
Enroll now for upcoming starts in January 2014 and be on your way to the career you’ve always wanted!